so, I'm in Texas with my Mom, at my house that I grew up in. I'm here, and I grew up here... but it's not the same. My room is now the sewing room, which is weird and cool at the same time. Weird because it's not my room, or even a bedroom anymore, and cool because...it's a sewing room.
Well I guess in the removing of all things Ashlee and Lizzy from that room, my Mom came across a lot of my old artwork from back in the day. She kindly put it in a bag for me to sort through, and today you will be the beneficiary of this early work. Over the next little bit while I am home I will share a few of these things with you. You will see that:
- My work is my own, and always has been.
- Everything has a name and a story.
- I have always had big plans.
- ha! not much has changed.
these are the Colossal Creatures. Appropriately misspelled, per usual. Circa 1998-1999. These characters were part of a comic book that I wrote, and illustrated when I was 13. Each of these creatures have names (obviously) and super powers (more obvious still).
In those years, before I could even fathom what I could do on a computer, I used a zig pen and prisma markers. My joy was to receive a ream of white cardstock, and my hope was to earn enough from babysitting to buy a bigger set of markers.
Not too bad for a 13 year old in the 90's. Who knows? these peeps could make a comeback (with some editing).
Per request, their names and powers:
- Timlet, the mournful mouse: cries rivers, has good hearing.
- Finn, the cool giraffe: emits cool rays that cause enemies to become apathetic, also has an extending neck.
- Sambo, the ninja bunny: does some serious ninjutsu, and is very stealth like
- Inkula, the vampire squid: bites enemies and uses ink to confuse