A quilt batting giveaway...could you ask for more? Okay, how about 12 crib size quilt batts...even better right? I'm here to shout from the roof tops how much I LOVE HOBBS FUSIBLE BATTING!!! There are many reasons to love it, and many reasons I use it, but I want you to use it to, I want to you bug the heck out of your LQS, and say "give us the fusible!!!"
Reasons I use it?
- I detest safety pinning a huge quilt
- I'm not a fan of the spray for batting - makes the needle gunky (real word?)
- If I do safety pin, I can NEVER get the back flat, without it puckering
- It works...I swear to you, it works!
- If I quilt it, I use it! All of the quilts from City Quilts that I quilted use Hobbs Fusible!
I believe so much in Hobbs products that I emailed them, and said I wanted to share the fusible love, and how about giving away some batting...kind folks that they are said 'you bet!'.
Here's a little more info from Hobbs: Heirloom® 80/20 Fusible Cotton Blend
Heirloom® Fusible is an iron on batting which is fusible on both sides. Our Fusible 80/20 is made the same way as our Premium 80/20, except we use a fusible resin in the spray bonding process. This resin eliminates the need for pinning or basting, saving quilters’ time and effort. Simply press your quilt from the center to the outer edges. Make sure you keep your iron moving, pressing approximately 3-4 seconds in each area. Once you have covered the entire surface area of your quilt, allow the quilt to cool. You may then begin quilting by hand or machine. Shrinkage of 3-5% and may be quilted up to 4” apart.
UPDATE: SOME INFO & ANSWERS
- Yes, the fusible washes right away the first time the quilt is laundered, no residue
- Lots of where to purchase questions...I know this product is available @ Hobby Lobby Stores; otherwise your best bet is to google Hobbs Fusible Batting. I did see many online quilt stores that sold the product, if all else fails, have it shipped to you!
- Also, in honor supporting your local quilt stores - request that they carry this fusible batting on hand...let's support our home teams ♥
- Now, I'm not being unkind...but I've about some other brands of fusible batting, and what I heard was less than positive. I've never tried the other brands myself, this is the only brand I swear by.
- Any other questions? If so, leave them in the comments, and I'll answer you here.
So here's the contest...leave me a nice comment, and on 3/31/11 I'll pick 12 lucky winners, forward your names to Hobbs who will ship you a lovely crib size roll of fusible batting...pretty sweet, right! Be sure and check back to see if you've won!